Jun 10, 2007

aN aWesomE eXperience

Many times in my life I believe or make myself believed into something I've learned from other people. I 'go with the flow' as we say. There are also situations in which I don't respond immediately because I know I really don't get the exact point or essence of those. But last Friday, during the church service, I've had revelations from the Lord. Revelation of Himself and talked to me. Though inaudible because I believed the Holy Spirit was the one at work, I felt He communicated to me something that cleared the question that's been troubling me these days. And God let me recall in my mind these verses:

Romans10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and
believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be
saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are
justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.


Ephesians2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and
this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—

Because of AM, I must admit, my question on Jesus' deity had been fueled by his non-stop depicting of Jesus' questionable position as being the Lord. To riposte his belief, I researched quite seriously to point out to him that he is wrong. Becoming busy gathering proofs of my belief, I forgot the faith that is one of the factors that saved me from eternal death. The grace of God, His gift of salvation is the reason why He had chosen me to be saved. And without acknowledging His Son's blood at the cross to redeem me from my sins, I will not be saved. Yes, I wrote in one of my posts that I met Christ when I was third year high school, but did I since then did not doubt of His majesty and power to saved me from Hell in where I rightfully belong? I am admitting that I have questions as to the how's and why's of Jesus' and the Bible contains the information I needed. But it is only bounded in my mind, because I just know these things. But did I believed wholeheartedly? I don't want to boast in the eyes of our Lord because even if I don't speak on such matters, I know my heart contains doubts and fears, but then, our Lord is overflowing with grace and mercy that He didn't allow me to forever endure the troubling thoughts inside my head. The answers are in the Bible. God's revelation of Himself is there. And salvation comes when we acknowledge the truth that He laid before us. The trinity is so hard to comprehend with the human mind but it is only by faith we can grasp it. Mystery it is but is there any verse that points out there's no such thing as trinity in the Bible? Many had already tried to oppose the truth but God is at work. He had laid the truth already. Now I know the primary truth, I believed on it with all my mind, heart and soul. There are many things I still ought to learn through the word and push the complacency out of me.

No comments:

listen...

Powered by eSnips.com

OF WORDS AND QUOTES

Word of the Day

Quote of the Day