Sep 16, 2007

e-book in internet... lovely

Partly overwhelmed by Amazing Grace, but more of an amazed child who had just found the yummiest candy ever, I just want to share with you an interesting book regarding the accounts of Olaudah Equiano, a former African slave, who was one the most actively involved in the British debate for the abolition of the slave trade. This book entitled "The Interesting Narrative of Olaudah Equiano" (also known as Gustavus Vassa), is the author's autobiography exposing the horrors of slavery and was believed to be the earliest known example of published writing by an African writer.

Furthermore, the book was the first influential slave autobiography which ignited the anti-slavery movement in England.

Here's the link. I got mine in e-snips though. I'll write down my review once I finished reading the book.

I just love the internet with it's free e-book.

No comments:

listen...

Powered by eSnips.com

OF WORDS AND QUOTES

Word of the Day

Quote of the Day